How to Pack Your Hospital Bag for Dummies
The Art of Packing Your Hospital Bag for Labor
Packing your hospital bag for childbirth is not an easy task, especially for first-time moms. Are you packing too little? Do you really need to bring your own pillow? What about baby clothing? How many sets should you bring? In this article, we are going to give you the essential items you must include in your hospital bag.
In brief, to prepare for your hospital stay for labor, bring with you all the personal products that you will require for your stay.
In most cases, towels, washcloths, patient gowns, infant gowns, baby blankets, and baby feeding supplies for those bottle-feeding will be provided by your hospital.
To make your stay more comfortable, here is a list of items you will need to bring with you:
- Sleeping bag/pillow (for significant other if staying in a private room)
- Favorite pillows x2
- Sanitary napkins (at least one package of large pads)
- Breastfeeding pillow
- Supportive Bra
- Comfortable pajamas/clothing
- Bathing suit/large t-shirt for us in the whirlpool tub (if available)
- Plastic drinking glass
- Prenatal/Relaxation Music
- Infant car seat (and manufacturer’s instructions)
- Newborn diapers (at least 1 package)
- Barrier cream
- Baby wipes
- Clothes and blankets to wear home
- Baby brush/comb
Love Baby Mozart?
Follow us on Social Media!
Subscribe today to get exclusive advice on our latest parenting tips, brain development tools, music and songs updates, and much much more! Remember, it's 100% FREE!